As we were let in our plan was to rush to the rides but we had to stop and take some time to play with bubbles along Main Street. I really loved watching how excited this made Abi. I also love the bubble hovering right over my moms hand.
We then made our way to Adventureland. It felt like there was no one here. It wasn't crowded at all.
Our first ride was Pirates of the Caribbean. It was walk on. We loved going on it but Abi was scared and hid most of the way.
Next up was Splash Mountain. Luckily it was a little bit warmer today so we decided to go on it. Unfortunately it was still pretty cold so it wasn't very fun to get wet.
I went on it twice. The first time Doug rode in the front and Abi and I rode behind him while my mom and dad stayed with Maddy.
Abi and I were pretty dry but Doug got pretty wet.
My dad decided he didn't want to go on so I went again to go with my mom. I suggested we sit further back because I hadn't got so wet the first time but apparently that was just because Doug was getting all the water! We got wet... luckily not soaked.
While we rode my dad and Doug stayed with the girls in the little playplace. Maddy loved going down the slide!!
Next up: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad... one of my favorites! Again, this was walk on. We hadn't waited at all for any of these three big rides today! I showed Abi a ride in progress to let her decide if she wanted to ride and she did! We all had a great time and Abi asked to ride it again so we got right back on.
We then went back over to Adventureland to ride the Aladdins carpet ride. We rode this twice as well.
We saw Aladdin and Jasmine greeting kids but when we went over we were told they were going to take a break and would be back later. Abi was disappointed but we told her we would stay in the area so we wouldn't miss them next time.
Next we explored the Swiss Family Robinson Tree house.
My dad stayed down with Maddy so we were able to explore the tree without having to wake her up.
On the way out Abi decided to hold the little gate open for everyone behind us. I thought this was sweet. I took a picture because this kid came out through it and just stood there for a minute. Abi didn't know what to do. If she let go the gate would hit him but he was completely oblivious to the fact that she was standing there holding it. It was funny. After a minute he finally walked away.
By this time it was almost time for Aladdin and Jasmine to come back so I got in line with Abi and my parents stayed close by with Maddy while Doug went to get fast passes for the Jungle Cruise (it was starting to get a little more crowded).
We were third in line and the kids were going crazy as the pair came back out!
When it was Abi's turn she hesitated. She was so excited to see Jasmine but wary of Aladdin because... he's a boy. That was a big trend on this trip.
They were both very sweet and Aladdin tried his hardest to get Abi to warm up to him. He noticed that her hair was sticking to his shirt so he started rubbing her head with his shirt and holding it out so her hair would stick straight up. They both made a big deal of this saying she had magic hair like Rapunzel. It was so funny but Abi was not getting the joke!


We still had a while until our fast pass time so we decided to go over to the Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe for lunch.
I told everyone that I had heard that the Taco Salad was the best but I was still the only one that ordered it... and guess who had the best lunch! It was so good. Doug got a burger of some kind. Abi got a uncrustable sandwich with grapes and fries. We got two little chocolate cakes to share.
Maddy had a little of everything and then one of her little fruit smoothie drinks. Then she had an accident and I didn't have any extra clothes. I left everyone at the restaurant while I ran all through Frontierland/Adventureland and into Fantasyland looking for some pants for her. I couldn't find anything that was her size, just pants, and cute and finally gave up. I took off her pants and washed them in the bathroom and then we just wrapped a blanket around her legs until her pants dried.
After lunch we were able to go back to the Jungle Cruise. I know it's cheesy but it's still kind of fun and the kids love it. Maddy especially loved it.
Afterward it was warm enough that Abi took off her coat.. it was still kind of cold and most of us kept on our jackets but it was nice to not be freezing!
I got a Dole Whip with a snack credit because I had heard all about them. It was good. But really I just thought it tasted like pineapple ice cream.. nothing too amazing.
We had seen on the train the day before that Toon Town was still open. I thought it had closed for the big new expansion so I hadn't planned any time there.
Today , however, we had finished all the planned rides already so we decided to go over to Toontown. We caught the show at the castle again on our way...
Abi just loved this house. It is so much fun to play in. It was really crowded but she was still able to get a turn at most of the things.
baking a cake.. she loved watching it actually rise and then the utensils on the wall started banging around. So fun.
It was then time to get in line to meet the fairies... this was by far the longest wait we had the entire trip! We waited in line for about 50 minutes to see them. If Abi didn't love Tinkerbell so much and hadn't been so excited to meet her there is no way we would have done this!
They take you one family at a time into a room with a few of the fairies. You're never really sure which ones you will see except that Tinkerbell is always there.
We were hoping for Fawn but she wasn't there. Instead we got Terrance. He was the nicest of all three fairies but, unfortunately, was a boy so Abi didn't want to talk to him at all.
He tried so hard to get her talking but she just handed him her autograph book and turned around saying "Cheese" for the picture. They have photopass photographers in there so you're able to get a bunch of fun photo pass pictures...

Then he took her over to introduce her to Tinkerbell. Tinkerbell asked her what her favorite flower was and Abi surprised everyone by saying, "Dandelions". Tinkerbell asked her why. She said, "Because you can make wishes with them."
Tinkerbell then showed her that she had dandelions on her shoes.


When Tinkerbell introduced Abi to Rosetta she told her that Abi liked dandelions and told Abi that Rosetta said they were weeds. They had this big conversation about it. It was pretty funny.

Maddy liked all the fairies! I hate this picture of myself but I just love the look on Maddy's face when Rosetta was talking to her!

As soon as we returned to our normal size (we shrunk down to go visit the fairies!) we rode Goofy's Barnstormer. This turned out to be such a hit with Abi that she rode in 4 times in a row!! 4 times!!
We were all getting tired and hungry so we decided to head over to our dinner to see if we could get in early the way we had with Chef Mickeys... but as we walked through Fantasyland I looked over at the carousel and saw the golden ribbon. Now that I knew what to look for Abi and I hurried to get in line. We rushed in and ran around hoping to get the horse and WE DID!!
Abi was so excited to be riding Cinderella's special horse.
We also made a stop in Liberty Square to ride the Steamboat. Maddy threw the worlds biggest fit while we were in line. I couldn't get her to stop screaming.. we think she was teething. At first I thought I would have to stay off as they were boarding and I didn't want to make everyone aboard listen to her the whole time. I sat down on a bench while they were boarding and hurriedly gave her some teething medicine and then made a little bottle of juice. She immediately stopped crying so I hurried onto the boat before they closed the gate.
I was glad to be able to ride with them. It was a slow, fun little ride.
3 comments:
I think even the pictures you take at the Magic Kingdom are magical. Ours from Disneyland 5 years ago are still the best set of pictures I have.
The pictures ae wonderful! I liked the bubble above my had, too! I had so much fun with Abi that day ('course that actually was every day!)!
Looks like another fun day! Too bad the weather wasn't cooperating! I can't wait to take Karson to Toon Town at Disneyland he will LOVE It!
Post a Comment