Thursday, February 5, 2015

Disney World: Day 4, part 3- Liberty Square and Tomorrowland

After lunch we walked over to check on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad but the line was crazy long so we decided we would try it another day. 
Instead we rode the Liberty Belle Riverboat. 
It was a nice, relaxing ride. 
The girls took the time to be really silly.

Abi borrowed my notebook and Grandma's pen to draw a picture of Grandma. 
We could tell it was going to be a silly picture by how much she was laughing while drawing it.

Yep. Silly picture. 



Next we headed to Haunted Mansion for our Fast pass time. 
I was worried that Maddy would be too scared since she was proving on the trip to get "creeped out" a lot. There were a few moments when she said, "This is creepy!" but for the most part she was fine. And the rest of us loved it as usual. 


I heard that Mr. Toad's headstone was in the cemetery here so we made a point to look for it since Doug loves Wind in the Willows so much. 
There he is!


We were heading to Tomorrowland next. 
We went through the Tangled area on our way and used the restrooms here. Such awesome theming!


We went to the Carousel of Progress first. This was my mom's first time seeing this and the girls' first time as well. 
Abi wasn't too excited. She wanted to ride more "fun" rides. 
But I think by the time it was done she was won over. 


After that we walked over to Space Mountain for our fast pass. 
Maddy was too little to go on it and my mom didn't really like it when she rode it with me at Disneyland 15 years ago, so she stayed out with Maddy. 
Maddy was happy to sit and get a turn at coloring in the notebook.

Abi loved it! I screamed the whole way as usual. It was really fun.


Abi wanted me to take a picture of us on the tv as we went up the ramp after.


In the gift shop afterward, Abi used some of her money for cotton candy to share with Maddy. 




Next we rode the TTA. 
It's a fun little ride. 



After that we went to the Barnstormer for our next Fast pass. 
The line wasn't too long so we decided to ride stand-by first so Abi could ride it twice if possible. Last time she rode it four times in a row and it was one of our only long lines. So we figured this would be the best way to do it. 
We still waited about 15-20 minutes. 
Maddy was a little nervous. 

And she was terrified. 
Maddy screamed the whole time and cried for a minute after we got off because it scared her so bad. Dang. Lesson learned. It is a short little kid ride but it really does go pretty fast. 

Abi was really excited that she would be able to go again with the Fast Pass because the line did get pretty long while we were riding the first time. 
Doug and I stayed off with Maddy and Abi just went on again with my mom . 
I was able to get them on the ride. Hard to see but there they are...



We wanted to ride Dumbo next. The line looked pretty crazy. 
Right about then my Dad left me a message saying he was back at the park. 
I told him to meet me up in the hallway through the castle.
I had Doug and my mom take the girls in to get in line for Dumbo. 
I ran to the castle and made it there a few minutes before my Dad arrived. 
We walked back to Dumbo and told the people giving out buzzers that we had a party inside. 
We met up with them inside. 
I thought the girls would be playing in the play area but they didn't want to because it was so loud and crazy and crowded. 
So we all sat on a bench and waited for the buzzer to go off. 



We got outside finally and were set to get on the next Dumbo ride... and it broke down. 
So then we had to go back through the building and go back out the other side which put us back farther in line again. 
The funniest thing about that was by the time we got up to the same spot on the other side, we could see our original Dumbo up and running. 
Oh well. 
We were finally on our elephant and having fun!
You can see my mom and Abi right in the center between the blue bars. My mom has the hat on. 


Doug and Maddy are in the elephant by the Barnstormer sign.


First shot where you can see both of them. 
Doug and Maddy right by the center of the ride and my mom and Abi in the green elephant right behind them.



When we were done here it was time to head over to our dinner reservation. 
I was VERY excited for this reservation!
Maddy wanted to walk so Abi got a turn in the stroller. She thought that was hilarious.


We passed Belle's village but didn't stop right then . But I did have to grab a picture of Gaston's tavern with the Beast's castle in the background.


Where are we going for dinner? Up next...

2 comments:

Seth and Julie said...

They had carousel of progress at Disneyland before I was born and my parents talk about it all the time. They changed it to America Sings around the time I was born and my parents have seriously talked about it and lamented its demise every since. Now America Sings doesn't even exist anymore either...they took all the stuff out of that and moved it to Splash Mountain when I was a kid. Sorry to reminisce, but now I want to see this darn attraction. There are so many attractions my parents talk about that I wish I could see.

Cheryl said...

Well if you ever make it to Disney world you will have to make a point to see it then.
And hopefully they won't get rid of it!