Friday, February 13, 2015

Disney World: Day 6, part 2- Animal Kingdom


We had a fast pass for the Lion King show so we went straight to that while we ate our snack.
While we waited for it start I changed the fast pass for the safari that we wouldn't need to one for the Finding Nemo show later on in the day. 
Soon the show was starting. 

We were in the lion section. 







Abi loved the tumble monkeys. She kept saying over and over, "They are awesome!"


It was a fun and entertaining show. 

Afterward we went to the train that goes to Rafiki's planet watch. This was something we hadn't done before so we were curious. 
Our train pulling up. 


Riding the rails...



It was somewhat of a bust. 
Once we got there the girls didn't really want to stop and linger along the way because they kept saying they were hot and needed a drink. 
We got to the conservation building and I thought they would think that was a cool place to explore and would want to meet Rafiki but they didn't. 
They got drinks at a drinking fountain and then they were ready to leave. 

We went outside to the petting area and Abi had no interest in touching the animals but Maddy did so Doug and I took her in while my parents stayed out with Abi. 

Brushing the goats...




And this big guy...
I actually thought Maddy would get in there and change her mind but she was totally into it. 



Once she had decided she was done, we washed our hands and met back up with my parents and Abi. 
My mom bought Abi and Maddy each a gigantic cookie. 


We rode the train back and got off. 
 
By then it was time for lunch.
We were excited to try out Flame Tree BBQ.
I had heard great reviews so we wanted to see for ourselves. 


I can't remember what my parents ordered but here are the pictures. I think they liked it. 
(Mom you can comment about it if you want.)


Abi and Maddy both had the hot dog meal with grapes and yogurt. They both really enjoyed it. 



Doug had the BBQ chicken with baked beans and coleslaw. He said it was great. 


I got the salad and it was delicious. 
However I was not a fan of my lime dessert. 


We had  a visitor during lunch. 


After lunch we went to It's Tough to Be a Bug. Abi was so scared of this on our last trip so I was worried about how Maddy would take it. But I figured that Abi would be fine with it this time. 



I was wrong. 
Abi still ended up on the floor with her eyes closed and hiding the whole time. 
And Maddy was on my lap crying against my shoulder and hated every minute of it. 
At one point I just started laughing because the whole place was kids screaming and crying. 
It was crazy. 
When we got out we wanted to meet Pocahontas but she wasn't out or we couldn't find her. 
We did find a Photopass photographer and got some shots. 




We skipped Flights of Wonder (even though I really enjoyed it on our last trip) because we needed to get to our Expedition Everest fast pass.
My dad didn't want to ride so Doug, Abi, my mom, and I got in line while he waited with Maddy.
On the last trip Doug and I were the only ones that rode this.
I wasn't sure if my mom would like it or not but Abi kept telling her that they could be brave together and if she could do it, Grandma could do it.
So my mom decided to ride with Abi.
Abi was so excited!


Our ride photo. 


Abi was so excited when we got off. She wanted to go on it again right away. 
And luckily we had two people in our group that hadn't gone on...
So we switched Abi and Maddy's magic band. 
And my mom wore my Dad's band. 
And they rode again while Doug and I stayed with my dad and Maddy. 

Their ride photo...


This became something very special for them to have shared together. They were so proud of each other for trying it and had so much fun together.
And this is by far Abi's favorite ride in all of Disney World now.


We found another Photo pass photographer and had to get some photos with the mountain behind us.





And apparently we got photobombed. 



The proud girls!




At this point we stopped for drinks and then went to ride Triceratop Spin. Maddy was so excited for this ride since it is her favorite kind of dinosaur and she got the green one at Build a Dino on the first night of the trip. 
So she felt like we were going on a ride in Cutie Sweetheart. 







We decided to skip Dinosaur although I kind of wish we hadn't. We needed to get to our Nemo show soon and knew that Maddy wouldn't want to go on and neither would my dad. So we just walked right by.
Soon we were going into the theater and to the fast pass area- very close to the stage!


We were all so sweaty and tired and the girls got super goofy while we waited in the awesome air conditioning. 





Then Maddy went to Grandpa for some snuggling time.


We all loved how at certain parts of the show they were right by us. 
The girls thought that was the coolest. 



Everyone enjoyed the show. 

After we got out of Nemo we decided to leave the park. 
We all wanted an early day and needed to get some laundry done. 
So we made our way back to Pop.


I had a reservation for Beaches and Cream for this night to get the Kitchen Sink again but we just didn't feel like it. We were all too tired to go anywhere this evening. 
Luckily they let me cancel it. 
We rested, swam at the pool, and did laundry.


We ate dinner at the cafeteria in Pop.
I didn't take any pictures and didn't even take notes of what everyone had.
Like I said, I was tired.

We went back to the room after dinner and the girls were asleep within minutes.


In retrospect I wish we would have worked Animal Kingdom in on another day and had Sunday be a rest day. 
Since my parents were leaving soon I tried to pack in everything while they were there with us. And that made for a very tiring trip! 
So even though there were a few more things we could have done this day- I am glad we went back to the room early and skipped Beaches and cream because we definitely needed to get to bed early and rest up for my parent's last park day the next day.















1 comment:

The Kings said...

Such fun pictures! I loved the photobomb!! The lunch we had wasn't my favorite. But I was hungry so I ate it all. I am so glad Abi helped me be brave on Everest! It was such a fun ride and so fun to be with her!