Thursday, February 5, 2015

Disney World: Day 4, part 4- Be Our Guest

I was SO excited for our dinner this night. Be Our Guest was built since our last visit so we had never had the pleasure of eating there (or seeing it even) and Beauty and the Beast is my favorite animated Disney movie. 
So, yeah, eating at the Beast's castle had me giddy. 
We checked in and were soon making our way across the bridge to go in. 
The details were amazing. 


The front door...



I wore the Beauty and the Beast stained glass shoes that I painted for the occasion. 


Soon we were about to go in. 
The CM gave Abi a Lumiere to hold to light our way in. 


Going in...


This photo I did not take. It was in the stock photos with my Memory Maker. But this shows how amazing it is better than my pictures.
I was in absolute awe walking in.


My pictures. 
I seriously was heaven walking through here. 
It was simply beautiful in every way. 


We were led into the West Wing to our table. 
I was pretty excited to get this room. 


We were right next to the painting of Adam/ the Beast. 


And behind us was the Enchanted Rose. 


Our napkins were folded to look like roses. 


After ordering I decided to wander around the restaurant a bit and take some more pictures. 
Looking out to the ballroom from the West Wing. 


There was "magical snow" falling outside the windows behind the Christmas tree. It was so beautiful.


Seriously... this ceiling. Those chandeliers. 
Amazing. 





Opposite of us on the other side of the ballroom was the Rose Gallery. We kept calling it the music box room. 










Gorgeous. 



Looking back into the West Wing.


It was truly an Enchanted Rose.




Some videos of the atmosphere. 
You can see the painting change in one of them. 




Doug and I both had the steak with pomme frites (fries) and vegetables. 
It was SO good. Perfect.


My dad had the chicken. He said it was good. 


Maddy got the Mac and Cheese. Maddy didn't eat much but said it was good. 


I ordered the tomato soup with grilled cheese meal for Abi but asked if I could substitute fries. I thought that meant they would be substituted for the grilled cheese (Abi doesn't like grilled cheese very much but loves tomato soup) but when they brought out her plate they had substituted them for the soup. She was really sad and since she is so sensitive that had her in near tears. 
I clarified with the CM what we had wanted. 
She wasn't a very friendly CM and kept saying that is just how it is. 
I have had enough experience with awesome CM's at Disney to know that in most cases such as this they would not have a problem changing this so I pushed for it. And finally she brought out a small bowl of tomato soup. 
I felt bad that she wasn't that great but was very grateful that she finally did help us out. 
Every other CM we dealt with here was awesome by the way so it really is rare, in my experience, to have anyone that ever gives you a hard time. 


My mom had the salmon. She said it was great. 


Abi couldn't eat much of the soup as it was quite a big bowl but she was happy to have it. 


The pretty menu. 


We all had the Grey Stuff for dessert. It was really good. 
Abi didn't like it very much but she did like the brownie part underneath it.


A different CM (the one that brings around the desserts in a rolling cart (yes, really, they do that. So cool. ) brought out an extra dollop of grey stuff with a candle in it with a card signed by Belle and the Beast. 
I accidentally left the card there after dinner which was really sad but we would try to get it back later...


After dinner we got to go meet the Beast!


I wondered if the girls would be wary of him because of his size but...
nope! Maddy ran right up to him and gave him a hug.


I was loving every minute of this night. 
Our little family...


And all of us...





On the way back out I had to take a picture of these guys. You could hear them talking.


And then we had to stop at the stained glass window!!


Someday I really want an awesome library in my house with a fireplace, window seats, wall to wall bookshelves with a rolling ladder, and this stained glass. 


Holding up my shoe next to it...



I really felt like a kid the entire time we were here. 
It was magical!
On our way out I had to take pictures of the other stained glass windows too. 





Goodbye for now Be our Guest...
we will see you again another day!

2 comments:

Seth and Julie said...

I feel so overwhelmed! How will I ever remember all of the fun places I need to see if I ever make it to Disneyworld? So many magical experiences and I swear you managed to hit them all.

Cheryl said...

Just come back and read it again!
We didn't hit all of them but we hit a lot!