Sunday we woke up excited for our one day at Animal Kingdom.
I didn't realize that hours had changed and it was now an early entry day opening at 8am so we thought we were getting there early and were not.
We left our room around 8.
I had the girls dressed in their safari themed skirts from our last trip. So happy they still fit them! They were short so they wore little shorts underneath them and then wore the shirts I made with the Animal Kingdom iron ons.
Of course Maddy had on her birthday button.
She was ready for the HOT and sunny day.
Abi had no idea she was going to discover her favorite ride this day!
When we got there at 8:30 thinking we were early I was so confused to see the park was open already and as we walked in I was like where did all these people come from?
These CM's saw Maddy's buttons and started singing to her.
You can see how happy that made her.
I was worried that my mistake was going to make our day harder and not work out the way I had planned... and while there were a few snafu's it still ended up being fine.
We were heading for the Safari first.
I had a fast pass set up for this later but I really wanted to try to get on first thing if possible.
We lucked out and it was almost walk on.
I think we waited about 5 minutes.
It was already getting so hot and was SO humid. We were melting a little.
So it was nice to sit back and watch for the animals.
Tired hippos...
I have never been on a real safari but there are definitely parts of this "ride" that are what I imagine one would be like.
giraffe in the road...
Easily one of my favorite Disney World attractions.
After our ride, we had to stop at a snack shop for a snack when I saw that they had pretzels.
I have been looking forward to having one of the jalepeno pretzels since my last one on our previous trip.
The girls got regular Mickey head pretzels.
And I got this yumminess.
1 comment:
Yummy!
Post a Comment