Our original plan after leaving the animation studio was to go to the little mermaid show and then to lunch before going to the Beauty and the Beast live on stage show. But Little Mermaid had a pretty long line so we decided to just go to lunch.
When we got to Backlot Express they weren't open yet. So we decided to sit at some outside tables and talk about the plans for the rest of the day.
With some of the times of the shows we realized we wouldn't be able to do it all.
I realized that if we went to the Beauty and the Beast show it would put a major time crunch on us so we decided to skip it.
I was a little disappointed because Beauty and the Beast is my favorite... but we saw it on our last trip and I knew it would go a lot smoother if we did this new plan. I am really glad we did because the day was still so packed and busy.
Finally, Backlot Express opened up at 11:30.
We went right in and got in line. A few others had showed up right as they were opening so we still had some crowds but not too bad. I would definitely recommend going when they open because by the time we left it was INSANE.
Doug got the cheeseburger, fries, and a chocolate mousse and said it was all good.
Abi and Maddy both got the chicken nuggets with fries and a cookie and loved it.
I tried the buffalo chicken nuggets and they were delicious! They were pretty spicy and tasted just like chicken wings but without the bones. I wasn't expecting them to be as good as they were so that was great.
My parents both got cheeseburgers and cupcakes. Their cupcakes were really cute Disney themed ones.
After lunch we went to the Indiana Jones show. We have heard that it is closing soon so we really wanted to go one more time.
It is such a good show.
One of the funniest things happened. On our last trip in 2010 when Abi was Maddy's age, she yelled out in the middle of the show (when there were explosions and fire) "I hate fire!"
This time, Abi was totally loving the show. But Maddy was a bit nervous.
And then the explosions and fire came.
Maddy yelled, "I hate fire!"
I just thought it was so funny that they both had the same reaction at that age.
This is one of my favorite pictures of the trip.
I just love how it captured the wonder on Abi's face. She thought the show was amazing.
When we got out of Indiana Jones, we hurried next door to Star Tours for our fastpass time.
My dad chose to stay off so the rest of us headed in.
Maddy began to get nervous immediately with all the robots.
When we got up to board and were in our lines ready to get on, she started crying. She was really scared. I knew that I might get her on and have her be fine. But I also knew she might not. And I didn't want to ruin the ride for anyone else by having a crying kid on board so I took her out of line and we went out to meet up with my dad.
He gave her two quarters while we were waiting which made her very happy.
When Doug, my mom, and Abi (they all loved the ride!) met back up with us, we headed straight over to the Frozen sing along for our next fast pass.
Honestly, I know a lot of people love this but I was underwhelmed.
I thought Anna and Elsa would be out the whole time but really they were only out for a few minutes and most of the show is two storytellers telling the story of Frozen and then all of us singing every single song.
Singing along is fun. When snow fell from the ceiling that was fun.
But even our girls were getting bored and restless by the end.
Next we went over to go the Muppet 3D show. We all really love the Muppets so we were excited for this... but.... when we got there it was a 20 minute wait and then the show and I knew that would cut some of our time for things afterward.
Plus, the girls were starting to wilt.
It was so hot and humid and they were getting kind of tired.
So we decided to skip the Muppets and get snacks instead.
We got some Mickey ice cream bars for the girls, sprites, and water to share.
This worked wonders!
Everyone was cooled off, refreshed and ready to get going again.
We decided to head back over to the Frozen area to check out Wandering Oaken's Trading Post.
On our way we saw these guys. We didn't stop to meet them but waved as we went by.
Once inside we waited in line for about 15 minutes for our turn to play in the show.
The girls really loved this.
I wanted to add some pictures from my phone to show how it actually looked in there...
We got a magic shot before we left.

2 comments:
I think it is funny that you live in the home of the greatest snow on earth and you lined up to play with fake snow in Florida. Just something about putting the name Frozen on it that makes it special.
I know. Right? But... we have only had two big snow storms this entire winter here in Utah.
One was while we were in Disney world so we missed it and the other was at Christmas.
It has been warm this year!
Post a Comment