Thursday, May 8, 2014

Big News!

We are going back!

I am going to try to keep this blog updated on our pre trip activities rather than doing that on my other blog. I will post links on The Gingham Owl to bring them together.

We have been talking about going back to Disney World basically since we got home from our first trip! 
But we just couldn't swing it. I didn't think we would be able to this year either with my doctor bills but we have had some great things happen including being able to stay with my parents for a few months and finding a great basement apartment to rent that will be much cheaper than we were paying for rent at our old place. 
So, a few weeks ago, Doug finally gave me the go ahead to start planning (as if I wasn't already doing that in my head just in case!) and to call and book our room.
My parents are going to go with us again but this time they will be arriving on the same day as us but leaving a few days earlier. 
We are going for ten nights/eleven days again.
This time we will be flying. We bought our plane tickets last week and got a smoking deal with Delta. Just yesterday Doug looked at the same flight out of curiosity and they were twice as much.

We will be staying at Pop Century again and doing the regular Dining plan again.
And this morning I got up super early and started dialing the reservation number over and over starting at 4:55am until I finally got through and on hold. I was on hold for a little over an hour but was able to add the free dining that opened up today to our account taking a little over a thousand dollars off our total and almost 600 off my parent's bill.
SO EXCITED!

We will be going in November. Last time we were there for Abigail's 5th birthday and this time we will be there for Madeline's 5th birthday!
It will be a surprise again if we can get to then without them finding out. I am planning on having a special reveal breakfast the day of our flight before we leave. 

I have already begun to gather ideas and items for the trip so over the next few weeks I will begin to post about all of that. Also, we will be starting up our Disney movie nights again the second weekend of June after we are settled into our new place.


No comments: